- Public consultation should be better.
- Safe and clean operation is more important than Eni’s financial gain.
- The oil spills modeled are too small.
- No flaring should be allowed.
- Regulators have the right to inspect operations.
- Local content requires more effort.
- Pay attention to accuracy and detail.
- Eni should plan for 2010’s unusual weather patterns.
- Plan for additional ship traffic.
23 July 2010
submission to the RDTL National Environmental Directorate about the Cova-1 deep-water exploration oil well which Eni wants to drill in September in Timor-Leste's exclusive offshore territory. Our main points are: