- Consequences and implications of oil and gas development in Timor-Leste, the most petroleum-export-dependent country in the world.
- Timor-Leste’s incomplete economy and rapidly growing state budget in this young, post-conflict, post-colonial nation, and how it affects people’s security.
- Sustainability, practicality and alternatives to the proposed Strategic Development Plan, Tasi Mane petroleum infrastructure project and impending foreign debt.
- The Greater Sunrise LNG plant and maritime boundary controversies with oil companies and Australia.
- Impunity and accountability for past crimes against humanity.
- Policies and predictions regarding people’s access to land.
Information on many of these topics is on La’o Hamutuk’s website and blog. The briefing will be in English and Tetum. Link to PDF version of this invitation.
Thank you for your interest and participation. Please let us know if you plan to attend by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, phone to 332-1040 or SMS to 734-8703.